Pen y fro Primary School has achieved the Level 2 Rights Respecting School Award
The Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) recognises achievement in putting the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) at the heart of a school’s planning, policies, practice and ethos. A rights-respecting school not only teaches about children’s rights but also models rights and respect in all its relationships: between teachers / adults and pupils, between adults and between pupils.
Rights Respecting School Ambassadors 2018/19
Role and Responsibilities Written and agreed by All Ambassadors
Our responsibilities are:-
• to share our knowledge of the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child with all the children in our school;
• to make sure that all the children in our school know that they have rights and understand them;
• to make sure that our school is happy and healthy by ensuring our rights are respected;
• to make sure that classes respect their class charters;
• to use our mascot, Rosie the Rights Respecting Rattlesnake , to remind us of our rights and responsibilities;
• to share our rights journey with other schools through pupil learning community meetings.