This is our ICT Vision at Penllergaer. Our aims are :
Learning and the curriculum:
- Use ICT to plan, deliver, assess, evaluate and enrich the curriculum.
- Children will develop a range of ICT skills that they can apply in their everyday lives today and in years to come. These will be taught discretely and practiced in a range of interesting and creative ways.
- All children are engaged through up to date multi-media learning experiences.
- ICT skills are used by children to extend their own learning in and beyond the classroom.
- To make all children aware of appropriate use of ICT and how to use ICT responsibly.
- Teaching staff will find new and exciting ways to incorporate the use of ICT into learning.
- Planning is reviewed and adapted regularly to keep up with current developments in learning and technology.
- The school will share and celebrate success using ICT.
- Teachers are confident in the use of ICT to support their role.
- Have a clear understanding of ‘e-learning’ and know how to remain safe.
- Every child will have access the latest high quality ICT equipment.
- The children have their own space both on the network and internet.
- Children are kept safe when using ICT equipment by using risk assessments, filtering software and teaching.
- Fast and easy access to computers in every classroom and in designated areas.
- Online activities that can help us to learn inside and outside of school.
Home, school and community links:
- To use ICT to promote links with parents and the wider community.
- The school has an effective website that is used to communicate with parents, prospective parents, other schools and the wider community. It is updated regularly.
- Outside agencies are used to enhance and extend our curriculum through the use of ICT.
- Educate children and parents in all aspects of e-safety.
- The school makes links with other cultures and communities by using ICT.
- Support and understand the e-learning of their children.
- Can access information that allows them to support and develop their childrenâ€™s learning.
- Know how to protect their children within online communities.